Psalm 1:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Last Year I was alone for Thanksgiving and honestly… it wasn’t bad at all. The previous year I was with some people that were from church, and it was fine.
During both times I was ok because of God. I come from a very abusive family and I do not have relationships with my father or mother. Sometimes its very hard and I do feel alone but I would rather be safe with God then continue in a cycle of abuse because of “family” (Genesis 12:1).
God Warned Me
Before 2019, God warned me and told me not to return to my family but I listened to family and went back and it was the worst mistake of my life. However, In September after very bad circumstances I made the choice to trust God and completely leave my family and this is why…
- There was someone in the family who tried me sexually and he was related to me.
- In my family there is a long history of sexual abuse and pretending like it didn’t happen in the name of “we’re family.”
- I got tired and started calling on Jesus
- And finally after watching Joseph King of Dreams God told me “I’m sending you to a far away land.”
and HE DID ! The very next day my bank account was almost empty and was on a train to Georgia….
was it scary…. yes? but God sent people to provide for me (that I did not know) on the train financially, food, and comfort. Can you imagine ? Through prayer and fasting in a time span of days God freed me from years of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse.
- Sometimes when you are dealing with abusive family members they will wait till they have gathered your trust to hurt you… but know that God always has someone that will shelter you through seasons.
- This season if you feel that God is tugging at your heart to trust Him and believe Him… He did it for me and He will do it for you.
I pray for those who are victims of sexual abuse. I pray that in this season you begin to expose it and rescue your children like a Father according to Romans 8:15. I believe in You king and I believe that you parted the Red Sea and I believe that You are a miracle working God. I love You King please I ask according to Matthew 7:7 to free your daughters.